1st Prize Winner:
Taco's "I Believe in RI" Contest
The Taco "I believe in RI" contest was held at the annual Rhode Island Monthly's 2014 Best of Rhode Island Party at Providence Performing Arts Center. If you were there you had a chance to place your entry into the marked kiosk/ballot box. These fantastic prizes generated a great response resulting in many interesting submissions.
OFFICIAL RULES FOR "TACO'S I BELIEVE IN RHODE ISLAND" CONTEST (THE "PROMOTION").
PROMOTION OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE U.S. AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Participant (as defined below) is submitting a suggestion statement for the promotion of Taco's I Believe in Rhode Island campaign (the "Submission") for the benefit of Taco, Inc. (the "Sponsor") upon the following express terms and conditions (the "Promotion Rules").
1. SCHEDULE OF THE PROMOTION: Promotion begins 5:30:01 p.m. ET on July 24, 2014 and ends at 9:29:59 PM ET July 24, 2014 (the "Promotion Period").
2. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: You must submit your Submission on the I Believe in RI entry card, which must be dropped into one of the marked kiosk/ballot boxes located at Rhode Island Monthly's 2014 Best of Rhode Island Party held at Providence Performing Arts Center, clearly indicating your name, address, telephone number and email address. All Submissions must be received by Sponsor before 9:29 PM ET July 24, 2014. All individuals who enter the Promotion ("Participants") must strictly comply with these Promotion Rules. All Submissions shall be owned solely by Sponsor.
3. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter a Submission, Participant must be 21 years of age or older at the time of Submission and have a complete US postal mailing address. Employees of the Sponsor and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and the immediate family members of such employees and any persons living in the same household as such employees (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY AND A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE ANY PARTICIPANT'S CHANCES OF WINNING THE PROMOTION.
4. JUDGING CRITERIA: The Sponsor will select one (1) winning Submission from the Submissions received, based upon originality, creativity, and relevance to the "I Believe in Rhode Island" concept of the Sponsor's campaign. The Participant who submitted the winning Submission (the "Winning Participant") shall be notified that his or her Submission has won the Promotion no later than August 15, 2014. In the event of multiple entries with identical winning Submissions, the Winning Participant will be drawn at random from all those Participants submitting the winning Submissions. The Winning Participant will be required to complete, sign and return a release form within five (5) days of his or her receipt of notification, in which the Winning Participant will acknowledge that his or her Submission is a "work for hire" and will irrevocably assign and transfer to the Sponsor any and all rights, title, goodwill and interest in and to the Submission, including without limitation, all copyrights, trademarks and waive all moral rights in such Submission (the "Release Form"). The winning Submission will be posted on the the Taco website.
5. PRIZE: There shall be three prizes (the "Prize") which shall be awarded to the Winning Participant's. The first Prize shall be two (2) tickets to Providence Performing Arts Center 2014-2015 Broadway Series with an approximate retail value of $1,112.00 (the "Prize"). The second Prize shall be two (2) Tickets to Winner's Choice of Broadway Series Show plus Dinner for Two at the Capital Grille ($200 gift certificate) with an approximate retail value of $120.00. The third Prize shall be Dinner for Two at Siena Restaurant ($200 gift certificate) with a retail value of $200.00. Each Prize shall be delivered to the Winning Participant on or about September 1, 2014. The Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made unless Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should the Prize become unavailable for any reason. The Participant shall be responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, if any, associated with the acceptance and use of the Prize.
6. GRANT OF RIGHTS TO SPONSOR: By submitting a Submission, Participant hereby agrees that in consideration of entering a Submission in the Promotion, Participant on behalf of themselves, their heirs, executor, administrator and assigns, hereby assign to Sponsor all rights, interest and goodwill in the Submission, including an irrevocable grant to Sponsor of the exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license and right to broadcast, exhibit and/or otherwise use the Submission and every element thereof, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium now or hereafter known or devised. All Submissions, upon submission, become the property of Sponsor, and its successors, assigns and licensees. Sponsor will have the exclusive right to make unlimited derivative works therefrom, to assign or transfer any or all such rights and to grant unlimited sublicenses. Without limiting the forgoing, Sponsor will have the right to use the Submission in any packaging, merchandising, advertising, marketing, promotion or for any other commercial or non-commercial purpose. Participant forever waives and relinquishes on behalf of themselves, their heirs, executors, administrators and assigns any and all rights, including but not limited to goodwill, in and to the Submission. Participant agrees not to issue any publicity on behalf of or in connection with Sponsor, their Submission and/or their participation in this Promotion. Participant acknowledges that they have no right of approval or consultation with respect to Sponsor's use of the Submission. Sponsor will not be responsible for the return or preservation of the Submission. Sponsor shall use its sole discretion in determining the extent and manner of the use of the Submission and Sponsor is not obligated in any way to use or exploit the same or any rights granted by Participant, or any portion thereof, in any medium or any manner whatsoever. Participant further agrees that the Submission is not being submitted in confidence or in trust, and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created. Participant further acknowledges and agrees that by entering their Submission, they warrant that the Submission is their original work. Participant acknowledges that, upon entering their Submission, Sponsor owns and controls all rights, including but not limited to the copyright, intellectual property, goodwill in and to their Submission.
7. PROMOTION TERMS OF SUBMISSION: As conditions of entry into this Promotion, each Participant represents and warrants that:
(a) their entire Submission: (i) is, to Participant's knowledge, wholly original: (ii) has been created solely by the Participant; (iii) has been legally obtained and/or created; (iv) does not, to Participant's knowledge, infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party or violate applicable laws, regulations or network standards; (v) has not been entered into a previous Promotion or has received any awards; (vi) has not been published previously in any medium; (vii) they have not granted or transferred any rights in or to the Submission to any third party prior to the date of Submission; and (viii) Participant has not done anything which has impaired and will not do anything to impair the rights granted to Sponsor in any way;
(b) if their Submission is chosen as the winning Submission by the Sponsor, the Winning Participant will complete, sign and return within five (5) days the Release Form. If the Release Form is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address, then the Submission will be ineligible; and
(c) by entering a Submission, Participant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its respective parents, and its and their subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, licensees, and assigns, and each of their directors, officers, agents, equity holders and employees, from and against any and all claims, losses, costs, damages, liabilities and costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees costs) which arise out of any breach of any of their covenants, agreements, obligations, representations or warranties set forth herein.
8. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITIES; REMEDIES: By submitting a Submission, Participant agrees that:
(a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with their Submission will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual third-party, out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event will attorneys' fees be awarded or recoverable;
(b) under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Participant knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental, consequential or special damages, lost profits and/or any other damages; and
(c) Participant irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief; and releases, indemnifies and holds harmless Sponsor from any and all claims that any commercial, advertising, presentation, web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringes on the rights of Participant's work as contained in any Submission.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
Submissions can only be submitted by individuals.
Participants agree to the following:
(a) these Promotion Rules, which are final and binding in all respects.
(b) An unclaimed prize shall be forfeited.
(c) Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (i) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion; (ii) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any property or service, or (iii) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
(d) Sponsor reserves the right to require a potential Winning Participant to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Promotion will not bring the Promotion or the Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Promotion as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
10. MISCELLANEOUS: These Promotion Rules and their performance will be binding on Participant and their heirs, administrators, executor, successors and assigns. The construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Promotion Rules will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Rhode Island without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Participant acknowledges that Sponsor may nonetheless (i) seek to obtain injunctive or other equitable relief from a court to enforce the provisions of these Promotion Rules and/or; (ii) bring an action in court to protect or interpret any of Sponsor's purported intellectual property rights. These Promotion Rules will not be assignable by Participant. Sponsor, its respective parents, successors and assigns, will have the unlimited right to assign these Promotion Rules and the rights granted at any time, in whole or in part, to any party.
11. SPONSOR: Taco, Inc., 1160 Cranston Street, Cranston, RI 02920
Taco sponsored a
Photo Booth for an
of fun at the event.