U.S. Shipments of Heaters, Furnaces Improve
> Industry News
U.S. Factory shipments of several types of water heaters and warm air furnaces improved in November compared to a year ago, according to new figures from the Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI).
See the complete news release here.
- November shipments of residential gas water heaters were up 20% versus November 2008. Shipments of residential electric water heaters gained 4% for the same period.
- Year-to-date shipments continue to run behind those of 2008. Residential gas water heaters were down 6.7% YTD and residential gas water heaters were off 11.6% for the eleven months of the year.
- Shipments of commercial gas water heaters increased 16% in November. However shipments of commercial electric water heaters fell 10% versus November 2008.
- Year to date, commercial gas water heater shipments are down 15.7% and commercial electric water heats are running 19.2% behind for the same period in 2008.
- Both gas fired and oil fired warm air furnaces gained in November. Shipments of gas warm air furnaces gained 15% compared to November 2008 and oil warm air furnace shipments climbed 55%. However, shipments of these product remain behind 2008 through the first 11 months of the year. Gas warm air heaters trail by 7.7% and oil warm air furnaces by 2.2% compared to 2008.