Rate the web
Taco Launches Contractor Training and
- Taco's FloPro Team Initiative Will Help Contractors Grow Their Hydronics Business -
Cranston, RI, May 22, 2007 - To help contractors grow their hydronics business using Taco products, Taco, Inc. is launching a new outreach program called the FloPro Team.
Taco's FloPro Team effort will comprise extensive contractor training, field and technical support, and a range of consumer marketing and promotional materials for contractors who design, sell, install and service hydronic systems.
The name "FloPro" is based on the idea that Taco offers a complete product line covering every aspect of FLO movement and control. Designing, controlling and maintaining proper water FLO is what being a hydronics pro is all about.
Taco's new residential training manager John Barba will be involved in all aspects of the FloPro Team program. Barba, who recently joined Taco from Uponor, is a highly respected educator in the hydronics field.
The FloPro Team provides the contractor new momentum through the delivery of a support program called G.E.A.R.S. consisting of:
- Growth: Use of Taco products will help contractors grow their business. Plus, Taco-supplied homeowner education materials will help sell hydronics to savvy homeowners concerned with energy efficiency and indoor comfort.
- Education: FloPro training opportunities in system design, installation and sales will be led by Taco's John Barba. Training will be available at different times, locations and formats to meet every busy contractor's schedule. Participating contractors can earn enough credits to qualify as a Taco FloPro Master in home comfort, which will also qualify them for additional training, rewards and support.
- Assurance: Taco stands behind all of its products so FloPro Team contractors can rely on trusted Taco quality and durability.
- Rewards: Taco will provide FloPro members with special product offers, early access to the newest products and quality promotional items and clothing identifying them as FloPro team participants.
- Support: Consumer education, field support provided by expert Team reps, and factory-direct tech support will be provided. As a leading software developer and online resource, Taco will support FloPro Team members with online support resources and a residential hydronics system design software package.
"This is a great opportunity for smart contractors who want to grow their hydronics business with Taco's help," says Taco's Bob Coons, Senior Vice President - Residential. "The FloPro Team program will cover their needs completely - from training to hands-on tech support, and always with the personal touch Taco is known for."
"The FloPro Team is designed to help the professional contractor thrive in an increasingly competitive marketplace," adds John Barba. "There's so much that goes into a modern hydronic system, and FloPro training will make it easy for busy contractors to stay ahead of the competition. We’re committed to providing Taco customers with the products and the training they need so they can achieve the level of success and profitability they deserve."
Interested contractors can sign up for the Taco FloPro Team by stopping by their local wholesaler to pick up a registration form or by registering online at www.taco.hvac.com/FloPro.
Taco, Inc. is a leading developer and manufacturer of engineered products for use in hydronic heating and cooling systems worldwide.