Air trapped in the system can produce major problems such
as reduced heat transfer, loss of efficiency, pipe corrosion,
pump damage, increased energy consumption and irritating
noise. The highly efficient Taco ACT series separator clears
the system of free air and reduces un-dissolved sediment to
save money, energy and component wear. Unlike many competitive
models, each ACT unit is designed and constructed
to the requirements of Section VIII, Division I of the ASME
pressure vessel code as standard.
Designed for use in hydronic heating or cooling systems,
Taco's compact, highly efficient ACT air separator provides air
separation while minimizing space requirements.
This wide range of models allows optimum selections with reduced
pressure drop requirements. Consult the factory for higher working
pressures, larger sizes or non-standard materials of
- offered with or without strainers
- standard pipe line sizes from 2" to 20"
- developed for applications with flowrates up to 12,500 gpm
- designed for working pressures of 125 psi at 375°F
- optional 150 psi maximum pressure units, 375°F maximum
temperature units are also available
- manufactured from carbon steel listed in ASME Section II