Rate the web
R&D Motor Engineers, AC and DC
- Design and develop new products, specifically new pumps based on classical hydraulic and fluid mechanics principles.
- Determines mechanical power requirements for pumps and selects/designs a proper source for this power
typically in the form of but not limited to permanent split capacitor electric motors.
- Performs theoretical and numerical analysis of structural, thermal, electric and hydraulic characteristics
- Works with several departments, including R&D, Sales and Marketing, as well with Taco customers, design consultants, and suppliers.
- BS Engineering.
- Solid knowledge of permanent magnetic motors.
- Electric motor design and development experience.
- 7 years with HVAC or related products, process, product design and analysis.
- Excellent communication skills
- Preferred background would include permanent magnetic motor design, wet rotor motor design, and an
understanding of electric motor speed control.
Embedded Software Engineer
- Designs and develops embedded software including: performing requirement analysis, software architecture design and optimization, data structure design, high and low level software requirement development, control algorithm development, serial communication protocol development, programming in C and assembly language, hardware/software integration, memory usage analysis, stack usage analysis, timing analysis and throughput analysis.
- Performs coding, testing, debugging and modifying of complex embedded systems software to ensure project objectives and schedules are met.
- Provides architect streaming solutions for connected devices with focus on portability across hardware platforms, operating systems and middleware.
- Coordinates and participates in software design reviews and code reviews.
- Documents and archives software program releases in accordance with company software development process.
- Develops software requirements specifications and software functional specifications.
- Develops test protocols for design verification.
- Works closely with a team of other highly skilled engineering professionals to solve cross functional design issues and deliver top quality products to the end user.
- Provides technical expertise on embedded software to multiple project teams, sales and marketing, quality services and customers. Assists in the resolution of product based technical issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with a strong background in software development and/or software engineering.
- A minimum of five (5) years of embedded systems software development and/or software engineering.
- Experience with HVAC residential and commercial control systems, schemes and PID loop control.
- Strong C, C++, C#, and Neuron C programming skills and assembly languages with expertise in well structured and documented analysis, design and coding.
- Excellent organizational, communication and teamwork skills.
- Working knowledge of Version Control, Visual Source Safe, and bug tracking software.
- Experience with logic analyzers, scopes and multimeters.
- Experience with Windows CE and Platform Builder
- Experience with Communication Interfaces (USB, I2C, RS232, RS485, Ethernet, CAN)
Please forward resumes to HR@taco-hvac.com
At Taco, you'll enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package plus strong career potential in a progressive, growing company. For prompt, confidential consideration, please send resume to:
Human Resources Dept.
1160 Cranston Street
Cranston, RI 02920;
Fax: (401) 946-6627
An Equal Opportunity Employer